Join Lenora Boyle in Italy, the land of passion and possibilities.



Thursday, April 2, 2009

Salted Anchovy and Olive Oil Feast



Liguria is known for its healthy excellent tasting olive oil. So, you can pack some in your suitcase to bring home! There are several stores in the villages of Cinque Terre that sell the local products.

The day before we leave Monterosso on September 19 2009, there will be a festival (sagra) called The Salted Anchovy and Olive Oil Feast. It is celebrated in Monterosso al Mare, Italy each year usually over the second weekend of September.

In the states, I only buy high quality olive oil. I don't scrimp on the price or quality. My friends over at PurelyOrganic import wonderful Italian food items, and their olive oil is divine. So, even though I'm in a small rural town in Iowa, I have access to the best.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete